This course will provide therapists with the knowledge and expertise needed to understand and implement functional training into personal rehabilitation fitness programs. By incorporating a variety of sources, Chris Kolba, M.H.S., P.T. will reveal how functional training can best enhance your practice. You will learn to properly define function for use in resistance training, demonstrate various exercise modalities for functional training and understand many functional theories such as the role of gravity, ground reactions, momentum and biomechanics as they relate to human movement. The course will conclude with patient case studies involving student problem solving and a practical review of the exercises learned.
INSTRUCTORS AND EDUCATIONAL COMMITTEE
Chris Kolba, M.H.S., P.T.
Jean Momorella, M.S., P.T.
Jodie C. Seligson, M.S., O.T.R.
Mark Stockman, M.S., P.T.
Lisa Godt, M.S., P.T.
Andrea Cheney, M.H.S., P.T.
Deanna Lesmeister, M.S., P.T.
Alyssa Rutchik Padial, M.S., P.T.
Michelle Green, M.S., P.T.
WIlliam M. Klotz, M.S., P.T.
LaVerne Pyle, M.P.T.
Lyle McClune, M.P.T.
Maureen Price, P.T., A.T., C.
Keri Edwards, O.T.
Tonya Breitenbach, O.T.A.
Kent Pierce, A.T., C.
Michelle Green, M.S., P.T.
Vickie D. Gines, D.P.T.
Connie Nehls, P.T., A.T., C.
Kristina Martin, P.T., Certified Pilates Instructor
Pearlas Sanborn, M.P.T., M.B.A., Certified Pilates Instructor
Nicola S. Weiner, M.S., P.T., L.M.T., Certified Pilates Instructor
Upon completion of the course, the attendees will be able to:
- Define function for use in resistance training
- Discuss and demonstrate various exercise modalities for functional training both basic and advanced
- Implement fitness and rehabilitation applications of various exercise techniques
- Understand the role of gravity, ground reaction and momentum as they relate to exercise application
- Discuss functional relationships of the human body
- Discuss 4 Pillars of Human Movement and integration into exercise and rehabilitation plans
- Discuss and demonstrate assessment techniques as they relate to movement based exercise
- Encourage participants to expand their current approach and understanding of resistance training
By enrolling in this course, you will receive a complimentary copy of "Athletic Development" by Vern Gambetta. this textbook will be sent to you 3 weeks before the day of the course. The homestudy consists of reviewing specified chapters and will take approximately 6 hours. Note: While the course is not specifically designed from the book, the review will orient and prepare you for the course material presented.
Total time required: 6 hours on-site / 6 hours homestudy
BACK TO MAIN COURSES PAGE